Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Day in the life of a fantail

Fantail bird of the year
Saturday 13th   January 2019
‘Cheet, cheet’ Oh, hello there good morning. My name is Felicity and I'm a fabulous Monitoring Fantail. I live in the Tongariro forest. Soooo let's get moving………… 

‘Cheeeeet cheeeeet’ I call out at sunrise. Time to eat, I eat small invertebrates, such as moths, flies, beetles and spiders mmm yum!!!

Now for my morning song, ‘Chooop, choop, choop, Cheeeep, choop, chchchchch eep, peeeep, Peeeeeep chchchchch eeep, cheap, cheap, peeep, cheap, cheap, cheeeeeeet’
Filtering, fluttering around my home tree………. I spotted a morepork trying to steal my cute little chicks for his/her lunch. ‘Cheeeeet, cheet, cheeeet, cheeeet, cheat, cheat’ I call out to my fellow mate. I can’t believe this morepork!  We both flap our tails in his/her face and hit our vibrant orange becks on top of his head. 

After all this chaos I think it would be a good idea to go to bed and sleep. I hope you have learned a lot about me. Well, this is the end of today. ‘Bye, bye Cheat, cheat.’ 





No comments:

Post a Comment

The short cut Questions

The short cut Questions Q1. Who is elliot's friend? Q2.Where does elliot and his friend get stuck? Q3.What places have they pla...